It can be complicated to perform the steps on how to connect Samsung Watch 4 to phone when you need to setup your Galaxy Watch. Unfortunately, Samsung Watch must be reset every time before you connect it to a phone.
This is due to the fact that Samsung Watch can only connect to a phone at one moment though it can connect to many different phones at another moment. Note, reset first.
There are two requirements where you must make sure just before you connect the watch to a phone. First, enable the Bluetooth and second, avoid using too much wireless connection.
How To Connect Samsung Watch to A Phone
There are 4 easy steps to follow in order to connect Samsung watch to a phone.
- Locate the phone close to the watch.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on the phone.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on the watch.
- Head to “Settings” and select “Connections”. Later, choose “Bluetooth.”
- Easily, the watch will connect to your phone.
However, when these steps do not work well, check the Galaxy Watch app on the phone. If there isn’t any watch in the list, you had better reset and connect the watch again.
How to Connect a Samsung Watch to a New Phone
Before you connect the watch to a new phone, make sure that you reset the watch first. So, backup the data and settings on the watch to avoid losing any data. Once you finish the reset, you can connect it to any new phone.
Follow these steps:
- Swipe from the watch home screen.
- Select “Settings”
- Find and tap “General”
- Choose “Connect to new phone.”
- Click on “Continue.”
- The watch is going to connect to a new phone after it resets. So, set your watch and grab the phone to connect.
- Download Galaxy Wearable or Galaxy Watch app and install it correctly.
- Select “Start”
- Be patient to wait for the app to locate the watch. Once it appears. Tap Galaxy watch.
- Select “Pair”, “Sign In”, and “Continue.” This is the way you create a Samsung account if you are prompted.
- Click “Continue” and select “allow”.
- Choose “agree”
- Wait for a few seconds until the watch connect to a new phone.
How to Connect Samsung Galaxy Watch Classic to new Android Smartphone
Now setup the watch by following the steps below:
- Powered on the Galaxy Watch 4 classic.
- Tap the watch display to start the process.
- Head to the watch screen and swipe up. This is to open the screen on the app.
- Select “Settings icon.”
- Select “General”.
- Choose “Connect to a new phone” option.
- Don’t forget to click “Back Up Data” so that your data will not loss from the Samsung Cloud.
- You will be viewed a message. Review it and tap “Continue.”
- This is how the process of resetting the watch.
Later, setup the new phone to which your watch will connect to:
- Open Galaxy Wearable app on your new Android. Install the app.
- Click “Start”.
- Select “Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.”
- Select “Allow”.
- Wait for the checkmark icon to appear/
- Click “Allow.”