Not many people know how to screen record on Samsung Galaxy S23, Plus & Ultra by using built-in feature. In fact, many of them don’t even know that such feature exists! Well, if you like taking screenshots, you probably like to screen record too. And if you want to enable the feature on your phone, you should be able to do so by tweaking some of the settings.
What Is Screen Record?
So, why should you know about how to screen record on Galaxy S23 by using built-in feature, anyway? Samsung Galaxy series, including S23, has this in-built feature where you record the screen, instead of only screenshot it. The result would be coming in a video format, complete with sound.
This feature can be quite handy: for showing off how to steps or for tutorials. You can even share it or upload it on social media platforms. The greatest thing about this in-built feature is the fact that you don’t need to download anything from any third party developer or app.
How to Use the Feature on Samsung Galaxy S23, Plus & Ultra?
The first thing to do is to check whether the recording icon has been included in the quick access panel. To do so, you need to do the following. But if you already see the icon in the panel, go straight to the fifth step.
- Slide down so you can access the quick panel. Look for the screen recording icon.
- If you don’t see the icon, click the vertical three points typically located on the top area
- When you see a floating menu, go with the option ‘Button Order’ so you can edit the icons appearing on the panel
- You need to find the screen recording icon and drag it (downward) so you can add it to the quick panel.
- If the screen recording icon is already available on the quick panel, you have the options to press Power and Volume up buttons together OR you can access the quick panel and press the button (for screen recording)
- If this is your first time using and accessing the screen recording feature, you will see a notification asking for your permission. The app ‘asks’ for permissions for taking photos and recording videos. You have the option to allow it for this time only or for each time you are using the app. But if you reject it (by choosing Don’t Allow), you won’t be able to do the recording at all.
- You will get a second notification, asking for another permission to allow the app ‘Samsung Capture’ for accessing the mic and recording the audio. You need to allow it.
- Again, you will get another permission to access files, multimedia contents, and photos. If you reject it, the app won’t be able to save the video result in your Galaxy’s storage. That’s why you need to allow it.
- You can decide whether to save the video with sound, without sound, and such thing alike. The options would be available on the screen. Choose the one that you like and then go with ‘Start Recording’
- You should see 3 second countdown, meaning that your device is ready to record
- The video would be saved (automatically) in the photo gallery, so check there if you want to see the result.
That’s it! You have learned about how to screen record on Samsung Galaxy S23, Plus & Ultra by using built-in feature without fuss or drama.