Most phone users today want to know how to turn on 5G on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra series, especially if they are in need of fast and solid internet connection.
Although many people have been a tech savvy, it doesn’t generally apply to all. Many of them are still unaware of how to tweak their devices; let alone tweaking with their connections and stuff. So, if you want to know more about the 5G, read on.
About 5G Technology
As you are well aware of, 5G is today’s most modern standard in communication, providing users with super fast internet connection and qualitative communication.
It’s basically similar to the 4G, only faster and smoother. Not only the internet speed is improved drastically, but it also decreases delays and lags. Basically, if you want a better quality of network, you need to activate the 5G on your mobile phone.
How to Enable 5G on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Series
In reality, there is no need to know how to turn on 5G on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra series because the phone would connect to the network automatically by default, especially if there is the appropriate coverage.
However, if it doesn’t automatically happen, then you need to perform a force connection.
- Go to the Home Screen and pick ‘Settings’
- Choose ‘Mobile Networks and SIM Cards’
- Choose the SIM card that you want to tweak the 5G connection
- Choose ‘Mobile Networks’
- Choose the option ‘Prefer 5G’
- In the event you can’t see 5G within the available network lists, it means that your device may not support the 5G network or your area doesn’t support the connection. The best connection that you can access is only the 4G
How to Disable It
Despite the fast connection, not everyone wants to be connected to the 5G. if you are one of them, you should know these steps to disable the connection.
- Access the Home Screen and choose ‘Settings’
- Go with ‘Connections’
- Choose ‘Mobile Networks’
- Go with ‘Network Mode’
- The system will automatically choose 5G/2G/3G/LTE because it’s the default. To deactivate it, choose the 2G/3G/LTE. The ‘Auto Connect’ would mean that it would choose the best (available) network.
- You are done. Your phone is now using other networks and not the 5G. It’s also a good idea to reboot the phone to make the change effective.
Why Can’t You Access the 5G?
You may want to have the 5G connection and yet you aren’t able to get connected to one. There are several reasons for it:
- Your SIM card doesn’t support the network. You can contact them to ask around or get help
- There is no 5G coverage within the area. If this is the case, you won’t be able to get connected
- There is no support for the frequency range. If this is the case, you can reach out and ask around
5G is the fastest connection for now, but then again, not everyone feels the need for one. That’s why knowing how to turn on 5G on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra series, or even to turn it off, can be quite useful.